We’re excited to introduce our fans to Children of Vietnam, a non-profit organization that is improving the lives of women and children in Vietnam. It’s a cause that is near to our hearts at Nina Nguyen Designs.
For the last 15 years, Children of Vietnam has done amazing work in the Da Nang area. And in celebration of its 15th anniversary, we’re asking our fans to help Children of Vietnam reach its goal of 1,500 “Likes” on Facebook.
As an extra incentive for you to “Like” Children of Vietnam, we’re giving away one pair of Nina Nguyen Designs White Druzy Silver Bella Earrings, featured in this summer’s Bridal Guide. You can enter to win these earrings from the “Sweepstakes” button on Children of Vietnam’s Facebook page. Or, if you are not on Facebook, you can enter here.
Children of Vietnam is involved in a many projects to help women and children, including:
- Providing single mothers with microloans, healthcare, housing and education to lift their families out of poverty.
- Distributing food, milk and vitamins to street children homes, orphanages, schools, elder care homes, and families in crisis.
- Helping provide quality care and access to services to children who may have been affected by exposure to Agent Orange.
- Building kindergartens in rural, underserved areas
- Funding parasite preventative treatments for school children
Children of Vietnam manages to do so much with every dollar it receives. It has been recognized as a 2013 “Top-Rated Nonprofit” by Great Nonprofits. And the work that it is doing is very similar to Nina’s efforts to provide job training and education to the women who work at her Co-op in Vietnam.
When you visit the Children of Vietnam Facebook page, sign up for the organization’s e-newsletter for updates about its inspiring work in Da Nang. Or make a donation to support its worthwhile efforts.
Happy Anniversary Children of Vietnam!